INFINITI Posts 13th Consecutive Sales Record, Increases by 37% globally this year
- INFINITI sold 104,512 vehicles globally so far this year, up +37%, an all-time record
- INFINITI Americas (with 73,015 vehicles sold, a +53% increase), INFINITI A&O (with 2,681 vehicles, a +18% YOY sales increase) and INFINITI China (with 17,206 vehicles sold, a +15% increase) with record May YTD.
- INFINITI achieved record May sales in Americas with USA & Canada with a total of 13,843 (+14%); and in INFINITI A&O (with 517 vehicles sold, +8%) with Taiwan selling 181 vehicles (+65% YOY).
- First 2018 INFINITI Q50 sedans roll off the production line in Tochigi, Japan.
Hong Kong – INFINITI has posted its 13th consecutive global sales record. INFINITI sold 19,565 vehicles globally in May, an increase of +9% compared to last May, and sold 104,512 vehicles so far this year, an increase of +37% compared to same period last year. This was the best May sales month for INFINITI in the Americas and in Taiwan.
“It’s gratifying that discerning customers around the world continue to want to drive INFINITI cars and SUVs, especially in the Americas, our largest region, and in China, the region with the most growth potential. Production of the new version of our best-selling vehicle – the Q50 sedan – just began in Japan, and will be in U.S. dealerships soon, followed by other international markets. The capability and quality of this new Q50 is exceptional and meets the high standards of INFINITI,” said Roland Krueger, chairman and global president of INFINITI Motor Company.
NFINITI had strong sales across its regions in 2017:
- In the Americas, INFINITI sold 73,015 vehicles year-to-date, a +53% increase; in United States, 66,872 vehicles, a +55% increase; in Canada, 4,938 vehicles, a +34% increase; and in Mexico, 822 vehicles, a +26% increase. In Latin America INFINITI sold 383 vehicles so far this year, a +46% increase.
- INFINITI had the best calendar year-to-date sales in China with 17,206 vehicles sold, an increase of +15% compared to last year.
- Sales momentum in Asia and Oceania remains strong, with Taiwan setting an all-time sales record year-to-date with 1,019 vehicles sold, an extraordinary increase of +113%. In Australia, 346 vehicles were sold, a +44% increase and a sales record. A&O also had the best May ever with 517 vehicles sold, reflecting a +8% growth in this region.
- In Europe, INFINITI has sold 8,805 vehicles so far this year, and in the Middle East, 2,779 vehicles.
INFINITI Motor Company Ltd. is headquartered in Hong Kong with representations in 50 markets around the world. The INFINITI brand was launched in 1989. Its range of premium automobiles is currently built in manufacturing facilities in Japan, the United States, United Kingdom and China. INFINITI design studios are located in Atsugi-Shi near Yokohama, London, San Diego and Beijing. INFINITI is in the middle of a major product offensive. The brand has been widely acclaimed for its daring design and innovative driver-assistance technologies. From the 2016 season, INFINITI is a technical partner of the Renault Sport Formula One team, contributing its expertise in hybrid performance.
More information about INFINITI and its industry leading technologies can be found at www.INFINITI.com. You can also follow INFINITI on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and see all our latest videos on YouTube.