INFINITI CONTINUES ITS STRONG GROWTH IN APRIL
- INFINITI sold 84,947 vehicles so far this year, up +16%, an all-time record
- INFINITI Americas (with 59,172 vehicles sold, a +24% increase) and INFINITI China (with 13,456 vehicles sold, a +19% increase) finished the first four months of 2017 with all-time sales records
- INFINITI achieved record April sales across regions, namely in INFINTI Canada; and in INFINITI A&O in Taiwan.
Hong Kong – INFINITI Motor Company had its best April sales month and set a new record for the first four months of the year. INFINITI sold 17,578 vehicles globally in April, an increase of +12% compared to last April. INFINITI sold 84,947 vehicles so far this year globally, an increase of +16% compared to last year and an all-time calendar year-to-date sales record.
Roland Krueger, chairman and global president of INFINITI Motor Company said, “It is gratifying that so many customers around the world continue to appreciate the beautiful design and forward technologies offered in every INFINITI vehicle – from our compact Q30 sedan, to our QX80 full-size SUV. Our record sales are a result of our continued product offensive, development of our brand and the hard work of our regional and retail partners around the world. We’ve received tremendous feedback in April from the debut of the QX80 Monograph SUV design study in New York, and the QX50 SUV crossover concept in Shanghai, and we start May with very strong momentum.”
INFINITI had strong sales across the regions so far in 2017:
- In China, INFINITI had the best first four months in its history, with 13,456 vehicles sold, an increase of +19% compared to the same period last year. INFINITI sold 3.415 vehicles in China in April, a +105% increase compared to last April.
- In Asia and Oceania, Taiwan, Australia and other A&O markets continue strong momentum. INFINITI in Taiwan achieved an all-time record with 838 vehicles sold, a +75% increase, and in Australia with 311 vehicles sold, a +29% increase. A&O also had a record April with 550 vehicles sold, reflecting a 15% growth in this region.
- In Western Europe, INFINITI has sold 7,777 vehicles so far this year, and in the Middle East, 2,352 vehicles.
INFINITI Motor Company Ltd. is headquartered in Hong Kong with representations in 50 markets around the world. The INFINITI brand was launched in 1989. Its range of premium automobiles is currently built in manufacturing facilities in Japan, the United States, United Kingdom and China. INFINITI design studios are located in Atsugi-Shi near Yokohama, London, San Diego and Beijing. INFINITI is in the middle of a major product offensive. The brand has been widely acclaimed for its daring design and innovative driver-assistance technologies. From the 2016 season, INFINITI is a technical partner of the Renault Sport Formula One team, contributing its expertise in hybrid performance.
More information about INFINITI and its industry leading technologies can be found at www.INFINITI.com. You can also follow INFINITI on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and see all our latest videos on YouTube.
For INFINITI Global Communications, contact:
Trevor C. Hale
General Manager, Global Communications
INFINITI MOTOR COMPANY LTD.
T: +852 3948 0145
M: +852 9664 1271
Director, Global Communications
INFINITI MOTOR COMPANY LTD.
T: +852 3948 0062
M: +852 9664 1288